"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Overnight Transformation!



For more than a week we have had
cloudless days with brilliant blue skies.
It was inevitable that eventually winter would
return. And it did! Only 5 or so inches, but we
put on our snow fighting clothes and went to work.
Russell snowblowed for 90 minutes or so while
I used my new snow shovel to clear the decks,
pathways and part of our 1/4 mile long driveway
 near the garage.
You have to admit- winter is beautiful and
we need more snow before summer arrives! 


8 comments:

  1. You are up near the Oregon border. Some beautiful country up there. I'm in central California. Not so beautiful here, but the weather is pretty awesome almost year around. Enjoy the snow.

    Have a fantastic day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that IS quite a transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter is beautiful, and as much as I complain about it sometimes, I do like the snow. :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had very little snow here in Portland, Oregon, this winter, but I think our rain level is normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow is heading our way and Kansas is supposed to get between 12 and 16 inches tomorrow. I am sure it will be pretty but I am not looking forward to the scooping out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, I could live with 5" of the stuff but it looks like we aren't really going to get any. What a view you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, winter is beautiful, but i don't do well with the cold. It's something i will visit, but i wouldn't be able to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am thinking I need to move to a place with more SUN! Beautiful photos and I love the Buddha. I have a photo on my blog on a recent post of a Buddha statue in my front yard. We didn't get much snow this year and flowers are already in bloom in my yard!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!