"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw
"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Saturday, January 30, 2021
Thursday, January 28, 2021
1. So far 2021 is not so great for me.
2. A book (movie or song) title that best describes my life is perhaps is Cheaper by the Dozen. At least while I was a kid in a big family!
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Sunday, January 24, 2021
Friday, January 22, 2021
Thursday, January 21, 2021
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Monday, January 18, 2021
Saturday, January 16, 2021
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Monday, January 11, 2021
Cooking for our friends and family keeps me happy during these difficult days. Nothing better than baking...unless it's bacon!
Bon appetit! Thanks Sandee!
Sunday, January 10, 2021
Thursday, January 07, 2021
2. The luckiest I have ever been was when I
3. I never thought I would see so much hatred and divisiveness in our country, but I did.
4. I’m waiting for peace and tranquility to return.
Tuesday, January 05, 2021
Took one of my favorite tours, we went out to the summer penguins! Saw some emu’s along the way, wild! Got to the penguins after about one hour. We walked out to the area where they gather, on a wooden path. There is a colony of about 10,000. CUTE,CUTE! They are about 1 ½ feet tall, and there were some older babies that were losing their fluff. Lots of noise, and it’s so different, because they nest in the seagrass, not snow and ice! There are little trails through the grass and they mate and have their young in burrows. Lots of humping! They follow the leader in little groups as they come out of the grassy area to the water. Waddle, waddle!