"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw
"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Sunday, February 27, 2022
Thursday, February 24, 2022
One of my favorite cats was Larry. He was a neighborhood kitten that wandered around and my son Paul wanted to adopt him as the older neighbor didn't take care of his cats. We were going on vacation and I instructed my 18 year old to " NOT let the kitten in the house" while we were gone.
Well... we got home and the kitten was lounging on our bed, making himself at home, noshing on yummy food and having a lovely time. Of course I took Larry ( yep he had been named!) to the vet and got all his vaccines etc. Larry was a fun cat, very loving and lived to be 20 years old! One of these days I will unpack all our photo albums and find some fun photos of all our cats to share! Have a lovely day....everyday!
1. _______________ is the ___________-est I have ever been.
2. I really hate going to _________________.
3. While most people _________, I _________.
4. I’m glad that _________ was invented.
1. While pregnant with my two sons is the fattest I have ever been.
2. I really hate going to the dentist even tho' we have a really great dentist!
3. While most people can fill out this sentence, I can't think of anything!.
4. I’m glad that the telephone was invented.
Wednesday, February 23, 2022
I am so thankful for all the animals I
have had in my life; as a child we had lots of cats
and usually just one dog at a time. All our four
legged family members were loved and cherished.
I have so many happy memories of playing
and sleeping with them.
Have a wonderful day....everyday!
Thanks Brian for Thankful Thursday!
And thank you to all who visit me and leave
such kind and sweet comments. So appreciated!
Tuesday, February 22, 2022
Monday, February 21, 2022
Sunday, February 20, 2022
Thursday, February 17, 2022
Might look funny, but don't let your cat eat fries!
Instead let them eat fish while you do the Friendly Fill-ins!!
and Lorianne of Four-Legged Furballs, provide Friendly Fill-in questions. Ellen came up with the first two questions and Lorianne came up with the last two questions. If you need help, please let either Ellen or Lorianne know.
Here are the Fill-Ins:
1. It’s about time ______________________________.
2. An anecdote I like to tell is _______________________________.
3. I wish there was a way to _________ without _________.
4. Too many people take _________ for granted.
Here are my answers:
1. It’s about time to give Peace a chance.
2. An anecdote I like to tell is how my brothers and I would have water fights for fun! Slinging mud too!
3. I wish there was a way to cook big meals without having to do the dishes.
4. Too many people take their families for granted.
Have a great Friday!
I am so thankful for all my
siblings- they are all kind and caring
individuals. Here's my sister
Nina who adopts older dogs
needing a good home. She also
encourages all of us to donate to
Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday!
Tuesday, February 15, 2022
Monday, February 14, 2022
Friday, February 11, 2022
Lucy and Russell sleeping in.....
Lucy has changed her sleeping habits...
now we have her snuggling in with
us as we snooze. Very cozy and sweet!
Thanks Sandee for all that you do!
Wednesday, February 09, 2022
Monday, February 07, 2022
Sunday, February 06, 2022
Thursday, February 03, 2022
Lucy lounging on our buffet during Christmas.
Thanks Sandee for Feline Friday!
Now....onto Friendly Fill-ins!
Here are my fill-ins:
1. I feel relaxed when I am curled up by the fire reading a good book.
2. I wish I could erase negative and uneccesary past events from my memory to free up some space.
3. Others probably find it annoying that I am a neatnik.
4. A magic wand really needs to be invented.
Wednesday, February 02, 2022
Our family has been blessed with wonderful
children that have grown up to become
wonderful parents! Here are just a few of
our fabulous family members!
Have a wonderful day!
And thanks to Brian for Thankful Thursday!