"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw
"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Silly Senior Thoughts
- Apparently RSVP’ing to a wedding invitation “Maybe next time,” isn’t
the correct response.
- Don’t irritate old people. The older we get, the less “Life in
prison” is a deterrent.
- Have you ever listened to someone for a minute and thought “Their
cornbread isn't done in the middle.”
- Aliens probably fly by earth and lock their doors.
- “You will hit every cone on the highway before I let you merge in
front of me because you saw that sign 2 miles ago like I did."
- I asked my wife if I were the only one she had ever been with. She
said yes, all the others were nines and tens. Give it a minute...
- I really don’t mind getting older, but my body is taking it badly.
- It turns out that being an adult now is mostly just Googling how to do stuff.
- I miss the 90’s when bread was still good for you and no one knew
what kale was.
- Do you ever get up in the morning, look in the mirror and think
“That can’t be accurate.”
- I want to be 14 again and ruin my life differently. I have new ideas.
- As I watch this new generation try to rewrite our history, one thing
I’m sure of....it will be misspelled and have no punctuation.
- I told my wife I wanted to be cremated. She made me an appointment for Tuesday.
- Confuse your doctor by putting on rubber gloves at the same time he does.
- My wife asked me to take her to one of those restaurants where they
make food right in front of you. I took her to Subway. That’s when the
- Me: Sobbing my heart out, “I can’t see you anymore.....I’m not
going to let you hurt me again.” Gym Trainer: “It was one sit-up. You
did just one sit-up.”
- Picked up a hitchhiker. He asked if I wasn’t afraid, he might be a
serial killer? I told him the odds of two serial killers being in the
same car was extremely unlikely.
- I went line dancing last night. OK, it was a roadside sobriety test... Same thing.
Have a very Happy Tuesday!
Sunday, July 25, 2021
Thursday, July 22, 2021
The bathtub is completed!
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Monday, July 19, 2021
Sunday, July 18, 2021
Thursday, July 15, 2021
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Monday, July 12, 2021
Sunday, July 11, 2021
Thursday, July 08, 2021
Wednesday, July 07, 2021
I am so thankful for all our friends and family!
Here is a Buddhist saying that resonates with me: