"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, February 06, 2013

What's in Your Pocket?


Here's what's been in my jacket pocket for over a year....


A granite chip from a cemetery in Guanajuato, two stones found
on a path near Muir of Ord outside of Inverness Scotland,
a little Christmas Candy pin from JCPenney and a small baby photo found on a street. 
I call them my talismans.
I did have a small film canister of soil from Floddden Battlefield,
but I was afraid it might open up inside my pocket-
so now it's in my jewelry box.....
so fess up...whatcha got in your pockets??

7 comments:

  1. used to have a little leather bag i carried in my pocket just for special rocks i found...its still around here...in my side drawer maybe...cool quote...and cool what you carry as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I carry a laminated four leaf clover from Notre Dame University in a small pocket in my purse. It was given to me by a dear friend who is no longer alive. Pockets are usually empty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.....really touchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:56 AM

    front door keys, office keys, mobile phone and oyster-card ... no room for anything else because in this weather my hands also have to fit inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wallet and my keys, like the Good Lord intended, because i don't carry a purse. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to carry a lucky rabbit's foot around all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Optimistic Existentialist-
    I remember those! I used to have one! Not so lucky for the rabbit...hahah When I lived in a teeny town in Spain during the 70's the local butcher always had rabbit for sale-complete with one furry foot still attached to prove it was a rabbit not something else...ewwww. I never bought or cooked any....and Thanks a bunch for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!