"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Saturday, October 18, 2014

Six Words and Sunday Shadows October 18-19, 2014

Reading to children.....a priceless gift .
Children Love to Read 
October 12, 2014


Our Little Library is Open!
October 13, 2014 

In last weeks blog post I wrote about our
library being destroyed in a horrendous
wildfire that consumed over 160 homes.
Our little town has begun to recover and
rebuild, but this all will take time and money.
If you would like to help rebuild our library
please send your donations to:

Weed Friends of the LIbrary
PO Box 2
Weed CA 96094 

The Weed Friends of the Library
is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) EIN# 77-0605176
and all donations are tax deductible.  
Thanks to everyone for their generous donations. 
And my offer of a matted photo still stands!
Go to this Link to read about my offer.
And have a great day!
Go Here for Shadow Shots 
and Here for Saturday Six Words!
~~~~

21 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your library found a new home. I knew you would. Reading is a wonderful thing. One of my favorite pastimes.

    Have a fabulous weekend. Scritches to Lucy. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that top shot! ...But then I love reading and books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo! Good things do happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys survived that fire. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a different (and better) world we'd have if every child was read to on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such rotten luck, Kathe. So glad you're able to carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:11 PM

    I am glad the library was valued enough to be reopened so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, am so glad the library will be reopened! Can't imagine not having one!! Hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend, Kathe!! Great to hear from you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The destruction of a library has got to be one of the world's saddest losses...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, congratulations on the new library.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:04 PM


    Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, kids always want to learn, and no better way than reading to them - so they learn to understand to read. Ours loved the basic board books we read, and as we pointed out he words and the child followed along they got to the point where they memorized the words and that helped them to learn to read. And develop the love of reading. And this begat many a trip to the children's room of 3 local libraries. Your little library is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!
    And my publisher was sending something

    ReplyDelete
  14. With people such as you supporting it, your library will be back up and running in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You all have mustered some wonderful inner strength getting this library alive again. A great effort when I am sure you all have your own personal lives to adjust too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful library, a child I loved to read and listen to the reading of other people!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice photos, I love those colors, wonderful site!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't imagine life without reading!
    Reading is like diving in your own movie, imagining own worlds by reading...
    You do good work!

    my blog - > BLOGitse

    ReplyDelete
  19. Libraries are such a precious resource, i'm glad your town is making this a priority!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm praying for the reconstruction of the library and the town.


    Romi @ Letters from the Land of Cherry Blossoms

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful shadow shots.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!