"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, October 12, 2014

Magpie Tales #241 Fatal Vanity

Self portrait  Vivian Maier

Self-asorbed
Ignores catastrophic events
Vanity kills
~~~
I rarely get on my Ivory soapbox, but
with todays wars, famines and plagues we need
to pay attention and be mindful.
I really don't care about Hollywood
and who is wearing some designer dress.
I care about our planet, the animals that live around us
and how careless so many people are. 
~~~~~ 
Thanks to Tess Kincaid for Magpie Tales

13 comments:

  1. It's good, occasionally, to have a truly meaningful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed; what passes for news today is so much pointless fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our planet is so precious. If only people understood just how precious it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4.   Yes, I think that's what's worrying now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's one reason i don't watch TV -- i want to know what's going on, and what i can do about it, if anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice haiku my friend I loved it!
    you are so right about this. I am scared about it no one can really contain this and now it's airborn? Hollywood's elite, who cares?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes the majority of us should be ashamed!! The earth is everything! It's our home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen. And the self-absorption extends in so many directions.

    It's troubling.

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent...thoughtful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen sister! Thanks for telling it like it is Kathe...words we all need to hear and live by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The entertainment business is given far too much attention and far too much money, but then who is it that gives it such?
    As pogo says; we have met the enemy an it is us (Or something akin to that.) I too wish it were other wise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:43 AM

    Yes, we did go down a similar road, didn't we? The concise yet thought-provoking nature of this is impressive.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!