"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, October 19, 2014

Magpie Tales #242 Airborn.........

Cemetery in Dublin, Ohio
Tess Kincaid of Magpie Tales

You were the center of my universe
My teacher and first friend
You taught me how to treat others
And value each day as if the last 
You are gone now but still here
Not buried under a cold stone
           But like                               
                       a  leaf drifting           
           in the air                            
                  you are with me  
       everywhere                              
~~~~~~~~~

21 comments:

  1. Like a leaf drifting.. what a wonderful image..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother too. This is wonderful and it made me smile.

    Have a blessed Sunday my friend. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful imagery here..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, loving words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An endearing poem with great imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful poem, yes, our mother always be within us !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:37 AM

    A fitting memorial, Kathe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your Mum was a lovely woman Kathe , and maybe thats why you are such a nice person ...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was breathtakingly beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mother never truly fades away, does she?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the image of death as a leaf drifting, set free.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredibly lovely, Kathe ~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, the cemetery is not where our loved ones are after death. How good to remember and feel you mom with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mums like that have influence 'unto the third generation' and beyond. Lovely tribute, Kathe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. " But like
    a leaf drifting
    in the air
    you are with me
    everywhere"

    Lost my mom so long ago, yet have always felt her with me. Perfect wording. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Kathe this grabbed my heart....a beautiful tribute to your love for your Mother. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the leaf and the images this made me feel. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Written with love xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!