"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Magie Tales #245 It's a Wrap

Image provided by Tess Kincaid of Magpie Tales


There once was a flag named Old Glory
Whose past was more than a short story
Battles were fought
Life lessons were taught
Our flag is more than just an accessory.
~~~~
Want to see what others made of this image?
March right over Here

7 comments:

  1. Happy Veterans day honey.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that photo shows what American GI's are fighting for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the flags are a symbol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short and sweet - covering a lot of history

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my grandmother forbidding me to let Old Glory touch the ground...perhaps we have lost respect...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to our Veterans and our current, active duty military. They sacrifice so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes , flags do tend to be rather blood soaked artefacts ...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!