"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A to Z Challenge V is for Verdant April 25, 2016

My walk to a verdant park.
 
 
Yesterday I took a walk in downtown
 Lake Oswego. Past a huge hole in the ground
that evidently will have about 200 units above
ground floor retail. It's a contentious project since the off street below ground parking only allows parking for 150 cars.
 
 
 
Walking past that construction I met up
with Mr and Mrs Mallard...

 
such cuties and looking for a hand out...

 
we had a nice chat and I apologized for not having any duck food. Walking further I came to a little park alongside the lake spotting some yellow iris .

 
I do miss the verdant greens
of the rainy Pacific Northwest.
And then ahah!  

 
Baby Canada geese and
two protective mothers!
 
 
I watched their attentive encouragement...
 
 

hustling the little goslings towards the water

and away from me... 

 
 
 
and I listened to their sweet songs...

 
and watched their little tails wag
back and forth as they swam away...

 
This last image is a interesting sculpture
at another park by the lake.... 
Have a super day and I'll see you tomorrow!
To read previous A to Z Posts
click on the letter.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N

 O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

 

7 comments:

  1. What a fun trip and all those precious critters. We saw our first bunch of ducklings on Saturday. So precious.

    Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs and I hope you both are feeling better. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good timing to catch the baby geese.
    Only 150 parking spots? Can you say poor planning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love walking around LO in the spring! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You often point out things in my own backyard, things i haven't seen. I really need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have a lovely, verdant place nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and beautiful walk with you today! I was smiling the entire time! Our office building is 13 stories high with I don't even know how many office suites, and yet they only have a 1/2 block of parking spaces and minimal spaces for execs in the sub-basement. You can imagine what the security guard goes through trying to keep employees out of customer parking spots, and how much we all love trying to find a space in the surrounding blocks if someone has taken one of the two we have assigned (for 5 staff)! Their really should be zoning laws prohibiting this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed our walk. Informative, amusing and very colourful!


    My A-Z story features 2 neglected V words

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!