"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Only a Ferry Ride Away.....

We had a glorious day in San Francisco.
Rode the ferry over to Fisherman's Wharf-
Walked up Powell to Columbus Avenue to have 
a delicious meal at Pinocchio's Trattoria
complete with two desserts!
After our 2+ hour lunch we wandered through
part of Chinatown and eventually got
back on the Sausalito ferry.
Such a nice day.


Ferry Ride from Sausalito
May 27, 2014



Walking up Powell from Fisherman's Wharf to Little Italy 
May 27, 2014

Russell with our two desserts!
May 27, 2014


 San Francisco Skyline with Coit Tower
May 27, 2014


Seagull nesting in a safe place
May 27, 2014



Evening light before sunset in Sausalito
May 27, 2014

7 comments:

  1. Great shots too. How fun. Our boat has been on that same water many times. It's so pretty there.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos. The architecture is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, one of my favorite places, Kathe!! Wonderful captures and it does look as though you're enjoying a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!! One of my favorite destinations ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of those desserts looks suspiciously like creme brulee. If so, that will make the second one I've seen (not in my possession) today. Did I mention that I love creme brulee? If not....love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like San Francisco was putting on a show for you. I can't remember such a clear and beautiful day in The City.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!