"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Aspen Grove Through My Car Window

Roll Down the Window and Click
Aspen Grove, Weed California
May 14, 2014

I suppose it's the lazy American way.
Glance to your right while driving  down 
a country road ....and shazaam..hit the
brakes, push the button to roll down
the window and "click" here it is!
Ta dah. 
I did put the car in "park".
I think I need to buy film and get out the Pentax.
~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

  1. Lovely shot. I think there are times for getting out and exploring and getting the perfect shot, but there are also times when we do well to at least stop long enough to take a breath and appreciate the beauty around us. I like how you captured that.
    Loved your rant at Life is Good today. Golden retrievers and Labradors indeed. :-)
    Tina @ Life is Good
    On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aspens are so worth the stop, watching them tremble and shake in the breeze or just shine in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have stopped too. Lovely and then some.

    Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once failed to slow down while driving through Weed, California, and received a sizable ticket. Never noticed the pretty trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stephen- Weed used to be a famous speed trap! I know LOTS of folks who got tickets there...it still is a busy ticketing part of I-5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pretty place to stop a while, except that i'm almost always trying to get somewhere by a specific time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!