"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, May 18, 2014

Opposites Do Attract !!!

Before you read any further...
let it be said I adore my sweetie pie.
He's smart, knows a lot more than me,
very talented, creative and messy.
However he has the disease of 
"flat-surface-itis" .
The symptoms are the ever pressing
need to cover flat surfaces with 
whatever is handy and/or nearby.
Combined with "all-paper-must-be-saved-itis" 
is a recipe for frustration for a person
who suffers from the disease of "neatness".
That would be me.   
Did I mention Russell's also very patient
and has a great sense of humor?

Russell...the creative yet messy genius

We are in the process of changing out
all our kitchen appliances. We have
been in our home for over 2 years
and this is the last big project to
be completed. All our appliances
are between 15-20 years old and 
quite inefficient and power sucking.
Hence the replacements- plus it's
better to replace before they break
down at the usual inconvenient time.
( Usual meaning during a dinner party )
Russell has been doing all the installs
except for the refrigerator.
Right now Russell is prepping for the
arrival of the double wall ovens. 
This is what it looks like in our home. 
Be advised I am not complaining
just documenting.


Living room floor is a good place
to keep tools ready and available...


The kitchen counter is also a good place
to keep tools accessible...


Extra dining room chair is quite handy
for computer stuff and paper work...


And the dining room table is perfect
for computer access plus instructions
on installing the double wall ovens...


Our double wall ovens will go into
the hole Russell just cut out.
You can see part of our new pantry
to the left. This little space used to
be a bathroom- which was disgusting
and not code as it opened directly
into the kitchen. Russell removed
the toilet and sink and a cabinet maker
installed the shelves that pullout. 
After the wall ovens are installed then
Russell will put in the new stove top
and his kitchen projects will be done!
It's wonderful how he has transformed
our new home. 


And he can go back to his painting....


And his paperwork in the computer/TV
room upstairs...


 Here's my work space.
Opposites do attract you know!
Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. Yes opposites do attract. I'm messier than hubby. Well almost.

    There will be after pictures of your kitchen right? I thought so.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire people that can "do" things. We are more the "hire it done" types.

    I often wonder how my husband and I can be so happy together for so long. (43 years of marriage) because we are so similar. We are both neat and tidy types. I really can't think of anything we are polar opposite on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you agree on the 4 major issues -- kids, money, in-laws, and religion -- you can be opposites in everything else. As Larry Burkett, the financial counselor, used to say, "Two people just alike get married, one of you is unnecessary!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. My office space looks more like your husband's space. I look around and think, "Boy this is messy." But I know where most things are and that would change if I cleaned it up... ha!

    Congrats on your new ovens and remodeled kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Russell looks like he knows his way around tools. And he paints too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:18 PM

    I agree. This sounds like Bill and I. You are in the home stretch, now! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh happy day, new appliances. No leaks, no squeaks, new just for you two! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find that being too similar can be almost boring - it's good to have at least a few differences. Ad long as you have your love for one another in common, that's all one needs :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!