"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Turn About is Fair Play!

A few days ago I posted 
about my sweetie and his proclivity
to being sorta messy while being creative.
Well....it's only fair that I fess up to
being sorta untidy also... 
I am quilting yet another baby quilt
and I must admit that when I create a quilt my
sewing room does get covered in bits and pieces
of fabric and spool ends of thread!  
Sewing Room May 21, 2014

Meanwhile Russell has installed our
new double wall ovens and within
the next few weeks will install
a new cooktop to replace the old inefficent 
cooktop. Our replacing old appliances
will benefit us with lower utility bills
plus we will be using less electricity.
Win win !!
Here's some pics:
 New Wall Ovens May 21, 2014
Installed by Russell
* note shelf with drill for future reference 

 New Extra Efficient Refrigerator 
We will get a rebate from the state of California
May 21, 2014

New Bosch Dishwasher 
So efficient we get a rebate!
May 21, 2014

Do you notice that space hog of
a microwave off in the background?
Well!! I found a much smaller microwave
I ordered one for us to replace that
dinosaur on the counter.
However, it won't go back on the
counter....instead it will go on a little 
shelf inside our pantry.
Scroll back up to the photo of the 
double wall oven and look at the
little shelf where the drill is...that is
where our new microwave will go.
Yes! Let's hear it for efficiency!!
Small but still can heat up a dinner plate!
That's it for now! 

7 comments:

  1. Now you can cook twice as much food!
    You have a very nice kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is absolutely amazing Kathe. I love those wall ovens. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just need to change that one date May 21, 2015. I'm sure Russell didn't do that in 2015. In fact I'm positive.

    I love you kitchen. Excellent job and it looks fabulous.

    Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is really coming along. Your hubby has done a great job with the installations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, love the ovens especially, no stooping over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely kitchen!

    Many creative types have that kind of "spread-out-itis".

    ReplyDelete
  7. When we bought our first microwave it had more chrome on it than an Edsel. we had to reinforce the kitchen counter because it was bowing under the weight. Now they're tiny and way very little. Your kitchen looks great by the way.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!