"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, September 12, 2010

The joy of music and dance

The 6th annual Widmer Brother's Oktoberfest
started quietly enough, but ramped up
pretty darn quickly once Sassparilla Jug Band began
playing their toe-tapping and knee slapping music....

The loading dock/music stage was quiet at first
with only a lone kitchen worker taking a break

Kevin on guitar and Jesi on drums


Gus on harmonica



Naima on washboard and also accordian

Sweet Pea on washtub bass

Another shot of Kevin

and Jesi

Once the music began-the dancers
began to weave their own music using their bodies

Everyone has their own style...
But, Xander had an inexaustable amount
of energy and form


Another equally talented and energy filled dancer joined in

Between the two of them- they entertained all of us...

Such delight in dancing



and last but not least- Hillstomp played after Sassparilla
and they were great! Two men that sounded like there
were a lot more musicians than just the two of them.
Check them out: www.hillstomp.com

10 comments:

  1. That's some high energy band! I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo story. I love to dance and watch dancing. I also liked your Magpie Tales. Kids love to imagine all kinds of scary things until they are face to face. LOL Thanks for stopping by my place.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it was a GREAT time!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathew: Great pics! Love the song and dance! Ye-hoo! Looks like a good time had by all! Love to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathe! Shame! all those fantastic action shots and not one of you dancing! Not good enough! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such fun!

    www.angiemuresan.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pictures- such fun and energy! I am sure I would have been toe-tapping with the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun! I love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the dancing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So they were whoopin' it up in Portland while they were whoopin' it up in Mt. Angel. I am almost ashamed to admit that the rain kept us away from Oktoberfest this year.

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!