"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Monday, May 15, 2023

Awww Monday May 15, 2023




This time of the year we always hear a lot of 
ducks quacking and splashing in the
seasonal creek below our home. 
This past weekend our little neighborhood
had 5 baby ducks wandering around 
and peeping for their mother. They were far
away from the creek and we managed to
catch 4 of the 5 babies. We called several 
places such as Audubon Society and Humane Society
but because it was the weekend we could not
get any help. So we took the babies down to
the creek hoping the mother duck might
hear them. No sign of a mother duck so
we reluctantly released the babies and 
we hope they got reunited. Very sad.
I posted our event on our Nextdoor website
and we heard back hours later from 
a person who could have taken them and 
raised them safely. I wish he had notified us earlier.
But now I have his information so we can
get immediate help if this ever happens again.

7 comments:

  1. Awww so cute and so sad when you can't find mom. They need mom or someone to help them survive.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs all around. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet babies I hope they at least stayed together.
    Maybe in a group they could somehow manage.
    I'm sorry the NEXTdoor response was too late. All we can in a situation like that the best that we can. You certainly did.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they did find their mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest six pack ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sad. I hope they survive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It amazes me places like that make no provision for after-hours emergencies, i hope the littles found mama quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be very unusual for a mother duck to leave her ducklings. You can only hope that she's out there and catches up with them. Breaks my heart this time of year with any of the Wild babies.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!