"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Friday, December 16, 2022

Awww Monday! December 19, 2022

My computer was in the Geek's workshop most of last week. Nothing serious, just time to be fluffed and buffed! While I patiently waited I kept busy by cooking meals I had not made for quite awhile. To say the least Russell was smiling.


Here are the ingredients shown for the Kofta Kebabs.
And here's the list of ingredients:
4 garlic cloves minced, 1tsp kosher salt, 
1# ground lamb, 3Tbl minced onion, 3Tbl fresh chopped Italian parsley. 1Tbl coriander, 1tsp cumin, 1/2 Tbl cinnamon, 
1/2 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
( all spices are ground ) 


Mash garlic into a paste with the salt, mix into the lamb along with the onion, parsley and all the spices.
 I start out using a fork, but always end up using my hands.
Form into 28 balls. ( I make my meatballs a bit bigger and usually end up making about 18. ) Flatten into a 2"oval- put on the baking sheet and cover with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours. Because I make the balls bigger I just flatten them a bit.


Once you remove the meatballs from the refrigerator
 set your oven's broiler to medium heat. Broil for about 
6 minutes. Turn over occasionally until done. 
Usually takes about 6 minutes for medium.  


Serve with sliced tomatoes, home made baguette
and Greek Tzatziki. Tomorrow I will share
the recipe for Greek Tzatziki. YUMMY!
Enjoy your day every day!
~!~!~!~!~!~

7 comments:

  1. Did you save me some? Sure you did. Looks and sounds fabulous.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs all around and extra treats for Miss Lucy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ~ looks and sounds delicious ~ Xo

    Merry Christmas ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that clapping I heard last week was Russell
    so what time is the next feast
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that's a whole lotta yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be here tomorrow for the tzatziki recipe. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it's delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, sounds so yummy, Kathe! I hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!