"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Saturday, December 17, 2022

Happy Tuesday!! December 20, 2022

In 1982 I traveled to Greece with my youngest son who was 15 at the time. We only stayed in Athens for a bit before either taking a bus or a train to different towns. It was quite the experience and we immediately discovered the delicious local cuisine! Our favorite lunch was a baguette with sliced tomatoes and tzatziki and  our favorite place was the island of Hydra !

It was quite the adventure! After exploring Greece for 2 weeks we then went on to Egypt....but that is another story!

 Greek Tzatziki recipe

2 cloves garlic, 1 medium cucumber, 1 cup plain Greek yogurt,1Tbl lemon juice,1Tbl olive oil, 1 Tbl dill seed and pepper. Mash garlic, peel cucumber and scrape out seeds by cutting in half length wise, scooping out with a spoon and then mince finely or use a cheese grater. Mix with garlic and then add the remaining ingredients. Stir well and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. This will keep well for quite a few days. Enjoy!

~~~~~~   

9 comments:

  1. Greece is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Greek kitchen too ! Very good, except in Athene, where I got in a "Greek" salad, Mozarella. Didn't like the town at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice trip. Mom has traveled around a lot of the world, but not to those places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Tzatziki ~ thanks for recipe ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter, and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fabulous. I'll be right over and what an adventure you and your son had. I would love that food.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs all around. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely first photo
    My brother in law went to Egypt about the same time.
    He was chaperoning a group of college students.
    He had interesting stories about seeing armed soldiers on most of the corners...recipe sounds delicious
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see Greece but that will never happen since I refuse to fly these days. The Tzatziki sure sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The recipe sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!