"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Monday, April 23, 2012

Eric Alder's Monday Photo Prompt 4-23-2012



Where am I going?
It's just another question
Is the gun loaded?
Let's not find out.
Were you born in a barn?
Nope-but Jesus was
What were you thinking?
I wasn't; I'm a teenager
Where am I going?
None of us know.
There is no magic phone number
And life can change on a dime.
So try to live each day
As if it were your last.

5 comments:

  1. Carpe diem, indeed, Kathe!

    Thanks for playing M.M.P.P. again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the most complicated questions have the simplest answers. If only I could have gotten my college professors to endorse this sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live each day....

    Great advice and poetry !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You missed out on:
    Jesus's mother was a virgin
    Mine wasn't, thank goodness!
    BTW, Live each day as if it was your last??? I'd never get out of bed!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!