"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer has arrived! and N is for NUTS!

Just a little photo of part of our veggie garden at Luscher Farm.
The trellis has snow peas and sweet peas with hops on either side...
I made the quasi "Prayer Flags" from left over quilting scraps
and old painting drop cloths....they were fun and easy to make....
Happy Summer Everyone!
Meanwhile, I would like to share a waffle recipe that I adapted
to suit our personal tastes...it's waffles with finely chopped up walnuts:
Walnutty Waffles
serves 4-6
(along with the prerequisite sausages/bacon/veggie patties and fruit)
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter melted
2 cups flour
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Beat eggs well. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat til smooth.
Batter will be thin. Bake in a waffle iron tl golden brown.
Serve with your favorite syrup, jam or fruit sauce.
YUM! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!