"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Saturday, August 22, 2015

Six Words and Sunday Shadows August 22-23, 2015

Creating a quilt is a process.....
 

Selection of fabric colors....
 
 
Sewing many strips together....

 
Arranging the squares into a pleasing design....
 
 
Finally it's all constructed....
( the outer material is the backing )
Close up below.

 
And off to the quilter it goes! Yay!
 
While I was at the quilters I picked up
the other quilt I made 3 weeks ago.
 
 
Now I just have to sew on the binding.
I love making these baby quilts!
 
 
Have a great weekend and be sure to visit

16 comments:

  1. The little birdies one is beautiful! I can't even sew a straight line with a machine, Kathe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I once tuned in to a TV program where a lady was making a quilt. It seemed awfully complicated. Easier to shoot a man into space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of nice lines, even the impermanent shadow ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making baby quilts,so quick and satisfying!! These are just beautiful Kathe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful! My hat is off to anyone who can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colors in that first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky recipients! Those are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creations - love the birds and the geometric patterns in the first one!
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, luv the strips made into squares. Thanks for dropping by my blog Kathe

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, and like Jo I am especially appreciative as my sewing skills are non-existent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fascinating process. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The light seeping through the blinds makes fantastic shadows!

    Alley Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:12 PM

    Love the color combination of the blue green quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you know how to work the colors. Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!