"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday Six Words and Sunday Shadow Shots April 12-13, 2014

Machinery Is Beautiful  April 12, 2014


Who can guess what this is??
And just what it is for??
~~~~~~~~
Go HERE for more Six Words
And AQUI for more Shadowy Shots
I'll post the answer tomorrow- 
meanwhile guess away!
And for heavens sake have a great day!
Here's the answer:
It's called a cassette and it is
for a bicycle. It will be put on 
my sweetie's bicycle with a brand new
bike chain. This cassette will give the bike
 better gearing and make climbing hills
a lot easier!

10 comments:

  1. That's very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears to bolt onto something. And it has layered gears? I bet they all rotate at different speeds. But, I still don't know what it is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not a clue what it is. I'm sure you'll tell us?

    Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the answer:
    It's called a cassette and it is
    for a bicycle. It will be put on
    my sweetie's bicycle with a brand new
    bike chain. This cassette will give the bike
    better gearing and make climbing hills
    a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathe ~~ I cheated but have it figured out a bit. I don't know the name of this painting but it is one by Balthus.

    My guess is the bottom of a cullendar or else the inside carriage of a steamer. The screw at the bottom bothers me a bit, it looks pretty husky for cooking ware.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was my guess...for a bike with lots of gears!!! very nice shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking it had something to do with a bicycle. Interesting how artistic something looks when looked at a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, I did guess it was a bike gear thing-y before I read the answer. That's as technical as I get. Which is why I have someone else take care of my bike gear thing-y. And you're right - it is beautiful, both in form and function.

    Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!