"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw
"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Monday, April 23, 2012

Eric Alder's Monday Photo Prompt 4-23-2012



Where am I going?
It's just another question
Is the gun loaded?
Let's not find out.
Were you born in a barn?
Nope-but Jesus was
What were you thinking?
I wasn't; I'm a teenager
Where am I going?
None of us know.
There is no magic phone number
And life can change on a dime.
So try to live each day
As if it were your last.

5 comments:

Eric (Bubba) Alder said...

Carpe diem, indeed, Kathe!

Thanks for playing M.M.P.P. again!

Laurie Kolp said...

Wonderful message!

Stephen Hayes said...

Sometimes the most complicated questions have the simplest answers. If only I could have gotten my college professors to endorse this sentiment.

Sean Vessey said...

Live each day....

Great advice and poetry !

Stafford Ray said...

You missed out on:
Jesus's mother was a virgin
Mine wasn't, thank goodness!
BTW, Live each day as if it was your last??? I'd never get out of bed!