"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Saturday, August 25, 2018

Early Awww Monday with just a few photos August 25,2018

We have a busy schedule ahead so I am
posting a few days early...Thanks Sandee!
 
 
2018 Photo Project
Photo #211
 
After working at our little Weed Library
Russell treated me to a tasty dinner at
our favorite restaurant
Café Maddalena in Dunsmuir.
The best restaurant in Siskiyou County!
 
2018 Photo Project
Photo #212
 
Early the next morning Russell rescued a little
Goldfinch after he hit one of our windows.
Sitting outside in the rising sunshine with a
little bird isn't a bad way to start your day. 
 

2018 Photo Project
Photo #213
 
 

2018 Photo Project
Photo #214
 
Meanwhile a little Black-capped Chickadee
had a drink from one of the water bowls that
we put out for the birds and animals that come by.

2018 Photo Project
Photo #215
 
A bit later this little Goldfinch recovered and flew away...

2018 Photo Project
Photo #216
 
While another Goldfinch and Black-capped Chickadee
had their breakfast at the sunflower feeder!
Have a lovely weekend!
~~~~

6 comments:

  1. Glad the finch was OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby did that for a swallow a while back. He recovered and flew away too. What a nice thing to do. We have good men.

    That wine looks really good.

    Have a birdtastic Awww Monday, honey. I hope you two are doing fun things. Love you both and tons of scritches to one of my favorite kitties. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are terrific photos and we’re glad that sweet little birdie got some help and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s very scary for the bird and us when they hit a window and cold-cock themselves. Glad this one was okay, lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your hubby saved the little gold finch ~ my son did the same thing when a wee bird flew into our in ground pool ~ so proud of my son ~ there are so many good people around ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm happy to read the little finch is alright. Earlier in the summer, a cardinal flew straight into DH's open car door window, killing it instantly. It was the weirdest thing. I can't figure out why it didn't see any part of the car door. I felt so bad for the little thing. It's been a busy week for me as you can with my late return visit. I hope y'all are enjoying these last days of August. I can't believe how fast the summer is passing us, can you? Have a blessed afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!