"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, December 14, 2014

Magpie Tales 250 Click!

Le baiser de l'hotel de ville  ( The Kiss 1950 )
photograph by Robert Doisneau

I don't photograph life as it is, 
but life as I would like it to be. - Robert Doisneau
~~~
A sweet kiss
Led to a memorable life capturing
What others did not see
~~~~
Thanks once again to Tess Kincaid
for our beloved Magpie Tales

18 comments:

  1. I wasn't even born yet. What a lovely photograph.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote and the idea of capturing what others do not see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved this famous photograph for as long as I've been aware of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes very nice, a haiku, sweet kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:58 PM

    memorable...I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true, we never think how treasured will be the photo in future. Thanks for bit of history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice verse and thank you for coming over to my place

    ReplyDelete
  8. A couple in love is such a sweet thing in the 50's or otherwise it is still the same!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. The things our lenses see while we aim them at what we want to see...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Indeed .. This is moment captured.. What others didn't see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great xhoice of words, " capturing "

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photo and it wasn't VDay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This speaks to the sweetness found in the small moments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So...what Doisneau dreamed life to be...is what we don't see.

    Excellent!

    ~p

    ReplyDelete
  15. "What others did not see."

    Others rarely get to see it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have the kind of Christmas that should be!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!