"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Thankful Thursday May 20, 2021


Thanks to Betty Crocker who taught 
me so much about baking!
When I was 10 years old my Mother, who
was an incredible cook, handed me the
Betty Crocker cookbook and said:
"You are now the baker in the family".
And then I made all the birthday cakes
for our big family. Since then I have branched 
out and bake more than just birthday cakes!
I made these individual Lemon Meringue pies
without the crusts for a good friend's birthday.  
Thanks Betty! 


And many thanks to Brian for Thankful Thursday! 
Have a sweet day!
~~~~

11 comments:

  1. I bet they're good. We have one of those cookbooks. Green Bean Caesar - that's the one I do best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom got a Betty Crocker cookbook from her mom when she first moved out and it is her cooking bible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful thing and baking is lots of fun. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lemon Meringue pies. I am sure they taste great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baking is a good skill to have. My mother was the baker in our family. Fond memory. Let's not forget all those soup recipes either. You're a whiz in the kitchen.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Love and hugs all around. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really nice thankful and we know you brought many smiles over the years with those baked goodies. Have any samples?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gift your mom gave you for a lifetime and GAVE all your lucky friends. Your Meringue is award winning
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings Ms. Pastry Chef! Lemon Meringue is one of my all time favorite pies! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still rely on Betty Crocker for loads of things! Those Lemon Meringues look terrific! I am sure that the recipients will savour every bite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very impressive I can't do meringue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! Those older cookbooks are still the best, at least to me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!