"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Eric Alder's Monday Photo Prompt 8-13-2012

Higgins Lake, a large lake in the middle of Michigan
Photo by Eric Alder

 There once was a sailor named Bob
Who sailed blue waters for the Mob
Whether in fresh or salt water
He did what he oughter
Cuz he didn't want a nosejob
~~~~~~~~~

Whether on a lake
Or bobbing in the sea
It's always fun to sail
Just you and me
~~~~~~~

Zihuatanejo, Guerrero Mexico
photo by Kathe Worsley

3 comments:

  1. Cuz he didn't want a nosejob." Reminds me of that awful scene in Chinatown where Jack Nicholson gets his nose sliced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah- I remember that scary movie! Didn't think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, La Familia. They run parts of the area i came from, people have to be careful.

    The second poem reminded me of an old favorite song, "Slow Boat to China."

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!