"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Tale of a Bionic Woman

Looks like a scene from CSI doesn't it?
But in reality it is just a simple shot of
my wrist after being in the hospital for 3 days.
I had a total knee replacement done as
my right knee was quite worn out!

Here I am in my hospital room-very relieved to
have the surgery behind me! Whew!
Only a liquid diet-but after no food for over 18 ours
I was happy to get broth and jello....


Jerry the physical therapist at Willamette Falls hospital
really helped me get started on my recovery....


This is called a Continous Passive Movement machine
Strap me up and I will heal....



Learning how to use a walker
without a horn or grey wig.....



I had a really nice room-at the end of the hall and quiet-
all the rooms were private.....shhhhhh






1 comment:

  1. You look so brave! How are you? Glad to see you on your pins so quickly and sure the recovery will be fast and furious if you have anything to do with it. Sitting typing this in my dungerees from sunny Portland - they have been a huge hit and still not seen the inside of the washing machine. Polytunnel arrived yesterday and am now trying to find out if all the 1001 bits are there. Thing we'll be counting a while yet.
    Andrew says "hi" ... we'll be in touch
    Love to both
    Toni

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!