"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, January 19, 2014

Magpie #203 A Cello in Brooklyn

Musician in the Rain  Robert Doisneau

Mon dieu I hate this rain
I hate this rain always dripping
Always dripping on my neck
On my neck-what the heck?
What the heck.....hey fella!
Hey fella-gimme your umbrella! 
Your umbrella will keep me dry 
As I'm a slightly damp cella!
~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Tess Kincaid for Magpie Tales
A venue for all of us that find fun and pleasure in writing-
Click on the link below to read even more! Cheers!
Magpie Tales

16 comments:

Stephen Hayes said...

Your poem is fun and whimsical.

Karen S. said...

Don't you worry, I'll save you a towel!

Steve E said...

MINE is sillier than yours!
NA-NA-NA-NANA....
SO glad someone else felt this way today...Thanks

Michael said...

thats a fun way to write a poem. me gusta

Leovi said...

A wonderful and fun poem!

anthonynorth said...

Great fun. Nice one.

Kutamun said...

And hello to you , anthropomorphic cello....it is by no means clear who is most alive in this scene ....

Sandee said...

Way cute Kathe. Can you send that rain down here? We need it terribly.

Have a fabulous day. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

Helen said...

Love when you write with an accent!

humbird said...

Like how you had fun with this grey picture!

messymimi said...

You've given me a big grin -- it's amazing how musicians love their instruments.

Tess Kincaid said...

I heard Cary Grant and Myrna Loy in my head...

Sue said...

haha

Delightful.

=)

Helena said...

Delightful, Kathe! Looks like someone knows the (musical) score!

Sue J said...

Titled A Cello in Brooklyn and then you open with Mon Dieu. I like how it gallops along. Love it!

Katherine said...

A nice whimsical poem...a fun read!