"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Monday, July 22, 2013

Magpie Tales #178 Full Moon Buffoon

painting by Andrew Wyeth 


There once was a man named Lance
Who dared to ride his cycle with no pants
He was a total buffoon
By the light of the moon
T'was weeks before he could dance
~~~~~~~~

Once again Tess Kincaid has given us another
 stellar image to prod our creativity. 
To see what others have written go here:
http://www.magpietales.blogspot.com/2013/07/mag-178.html

Please note: We are up north away from home for a week

and I will do my best at blogging and returning comments,
 but I think it will be sporadic at best. Happy Week everyone!   





16 comments:

  1. That hurts just thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poem. It goes perfectly with the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!
    Yeah he might have stuck to the seat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:04 AM

    Bwahaha! Thank you for this, it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) :-)

    For some reason I couldn't get Jim Morrison and The Doors out of my head ~~ riders on the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Lance. That was very well done.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Famous last words of a redneck or a buffoon -- "Hey, y'all, watch this!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny poem!!! My first thought upon seeing the pic is OUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. heh heh heh......that'll teach him!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giggle! Poor Lance...

    ReplyDelete
  11. No flying by the seat of the pants for him, eh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even better than The Man From Peru!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He-he! Would make dancing difficult, I think.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes. Good thing he didn't crash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seems the emperor has no clothes !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:52 AM

    Fabulous limerick! Very amusing =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!