"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Friday, November 12, 2021

Feline Friday! November 12, 2021


While we were in Loreto for the past two weeks there were a few pretty darn skittish cats hanging out at the place we
were staying. They were obviously hungry and so I went up to the local grocery store and got some excellent organic non-grain cat food. I was especially concerned about the cat I named Clementina. She was quite skinny and her left rear leg had something wrong as she limped quite a bit. I softly talked to her and kept my distance as I would fill a bowl of water and also a plate of the cat food on our front porch. I would then go back in our room and sure enough she would scarf that food down and drink lots of the water. Of course other cats and one neighbor dog would attempt to eat her food, but I would shoo them away until she had eaten her fill. Then I'd refill the plate for the others, even though they had owners who were feeding them.   
By the end of our two weeks Clementina had filled out and her limp was not as bad as before. I passed on her food to one of the receptionists and she assured me that Clementina would be well taken care of as the cat had decided the Reception office was her new home! If we did not have Lucy already we probably would have adopted her and brought her back home and that would have been another adventure! 
Have any of you had this sort of experience while traveling?
Enjoy your Feline Friday and have a great weekend!
~~~~~

7 comments:

  1. Bless you and Russell for doing this. I would have done the same. This has never happened to us though. I'm glad she will be cared for.

    Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Love and hugs all around. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathe what a white furred beautiful girl. I love the,gray' markings on her tail. I have never had an experience that that while traveling. Most of our distance traveling is done with Globe Treks, an NC travel agency for senior adults.
    You are a kind and loving person.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so kind and thoughtful Kathe 👍

    Have a Clementinatastic weekend 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for helping out that sweetie, she is a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a kind person you are. I do hope that Clementina is well taken care of. You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a pretty girl and I am glad you were able to help her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet thing, i hope she does have a good forever home right there in the office and around the grounds.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!