We have been feeding our local squirrels for years now and have never seen a bald squirrel until this past month. "Harry" showed up about 2 weeks ago and the last time we went to
the Backyard Bird shop we asked what we could do for the hairless guy. So, they gave us this recipe:
For Squirrels with Mange
- slice of whole wheat bread
- butter with flax seed oil put on top
- spread peanut butter over that
- sprinkle with brewers yeast
- roll up into a log and cut into 3-4 pieces
- kind of squish each piece into a ball
- serve to your mangy squirrel
"Harry" seems to like this treat and he already looks healthier as his tail no longer is droopy but is curled high ! Thanks Backyard Bird shop!
PS it's been a few days now and he looks much
better...maybe we see hair growing? YAY!