"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, March 27, 2011

Trips, Travel and Vacations

A lifetime gift for a child....... When I was only seven I received a wonderful gift

A small blue trunk - it wasn't too hard to lift

I looked inside and what did I see?

A doll ? And all her clothing ? This is for me?

"The heck with the doll" I said as I pitched her out.

"I want to use this for traveling here and about."

And so I began my imaginary trips

Packing clothes and stuff for cruises on ships.

Or maybe I'd take it on my little red wagon

Hoping to find a most friendly green dragon.

My small blue trunk was my way of learning

What life I wanted and obviously was yearning.

And years later I am still packing for pleasure

Traveling with my best friend- our life is an adventure!

10 comments:

  1. traveling with your love,
    your spirits always sail above..

    divine sentiments,
    keep moving forward.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful.

    This potluck is going to be an emotional one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:22 PM

    Great piece,it must be so freeing to feel that anticipation of travel - usually my travel entails working up in the northern part of Canada and I don't see such lovely trees....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous gift that was- mostly because of your wonderful imagination. Wishing you good health and contentment! You look content in the photo, how nice to have a good friend to share your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:19 PM

    wow that is so wonderful and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:28 PM

    travel on haha! life's lesson reveal itself on the road.. my potluck- http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/04/07/frozen-fears/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:58 AM

    oh how fun, that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How charming..and I'm sure that it's very well used..lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:42 AM

    I like the idea of ditching the doll and using the trunk! Nicely written.

    http://jessicasjapes.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/first-kiss/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet. That must be a great memory!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!