"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw
"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Friday, November 12, 2010

Magpie Tales 40, 40.5 Monkey Business and Jingle Potluck

Traveling in Mexico has kind of
shortened my ability to blog.
So I am cheating a bit and using the following
for both Magpie Tales and Jingles Potluck Poetry.I hope that's okay?
First I googled Capuchine Monkeys because of Willow's photo prompt for this week's
Magpie Tale and came up with this website:
How dare they????????

Capuchine babies for sale

How many dollars per tail?

Ripped from their mothers hearts

How could anyone take part?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I posted the above- I wanted to write something a lot more posisitve-so here's a second try for Magpie Tales and also for Jingle's Potluck Poetry:

Magpie 40.5 and Jingles Potluck Poetry- this week's theme is Moods, Feelings and Emotions

My children are little monkeys-

hanging from trees and swinging with ease-

life is so simple wanting only to please-

their thoughts are wise under those blond curls

much more valuable than a string of pearls

~~~~~~~

When my youngest son was only 4 years old he said to me-

"Are you happy because it's a sunny day?"

With a start I heard those words and realized that I was allowing the weather to affect how I behaved. From then on I viewed each day as a gift and not a bother if it wasn't a sunny day. He helped me see how ridiculous I was to let myself get into such a bad habit. A wise child indeed.

15 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

So terrible, I can't even bear to go to the link, it would bum me out way too much.

Rene/ Not The Rockefellers said...

Capuchine monkeys freak me out ...

Celia said...

It is sad and I don't understand why this country (USA) still allows creatures to be imported into this country.

Sue J said...

Sad, but it happens.

Helen said...

Loved both of your Magpies!!! Your little four year old's comment reminded me a a day long ago when my then four year old while playing on wet grass with no shoes, swinging around an old light post .... got a shock and when he roused simply asked me 'mom, am I in heaven?'

Bee's Blog said...

I went to the link and couldn't believe my eyes. Importing ivory into the UK is illegal so I have no idea how the importation of these monkeys can possibly be allowed. It doesn't make sense. What an incredible cruelty.

Children have a gift for making us see things differently. Nice post

Sue J said...

A wise little chap indeed. Nice poem.

Jingle said...

two piece,
wow, you are so capable.
love your cute imaginations here.
well done.
beautiful magpie.

willow said...

I realized quite early on, that I set the tone of the household, and tried to give my kids a sunny day, every day.

industrialarts said...

great poems. i loved the second piece. being a father i related. good job!

Jingle said...

Thanks for linking up...
have a lovely trip.
Smiles.
xx

gnarlyoak said...

thats a great way to look at such a simple comment; I wish i could take away so much from what people say! Thanks for the post...reminds me start paying some more attention.

Shashi said...

Very interesting post and I feel sad...


ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

fiveloaf said...

lovely..

Jingle said...

thanks for linking up with potluck.

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/moods-are-like-dark-woods-4-potluck-week-10/

award/treats for you. smiles.