"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, October 15, 2017

Shadow Shot Sunday Along with Awww Monday October 15-16, 2017

 
I see cookies in our future!
 

 
And here they are!
~~~~
A few days ago after returning home
I made some yummy white chocolate chip
with walnuts and lots of vanilla!
I made them with my version of the
famous Toll House recipe. 
Basically, I only use 1/2 cup of melted butter,
half the amount of chocolate chips, I grind up the 1 cup of walnuts until they are pulverized and
I increase the vanilla to 4 teaspoons.   
I figured that pulverizing the walnuts would release the walnut oil and replace the missing butter.
My sweetie prefers my version. 
Maybe you would too.....have a lovely day!
~~~~~~
And do not forget to check out Sunday Shadows ,
Awww Monday and  Annie of McGuffy's Reader
who hosts Sparks- an inspirational and positive post for the week every Monday.       
 
My positive thought  for this week  is :
 
And the reason I am posting early is that 
tomorrow will be really busy!
~~~
 

12 comments:

  1. Those look delightful, and i've never thought about pulverizing the nuts. It's something i will try someday when i have an oven available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would eat those, nuts and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shadow shot and cookies sound Yummy! ^_^

    A ShutterBug Explores aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:48 AM

    I LOVE THAT QUOTE! Thank you for being part of Sparks. You are appreciated. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ate several of the cookies and the quote is spot on.

    Have a fabulous day, Kathe. Big hug to you and Russell and tons of scritches to Miss Lucy, ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathe, I like that recipe. My sis often replaces walnuts with pecans because it doesn't cause her to get those lil blisters from eating certain kinds of nuts. we are nutty here so love most kinds of nuts! Now if I Had one of those cookies and a cup of tea..... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quote. And the cookies look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies look mouthwatering, Kathe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! After ready this I had to go make some cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The spoons look as good as the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I want cookies! I'll have to show your post to my husband. He's good at customizing ingredients too, whereas I have to follow a recipe exactly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!