"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, May 10, 2015

Magpie Tales # 269 Promises, Promises....

Astronun
 image provided by Tess Kincaid
of the famous Magpie Tales
 
Oh Mary, Mary, truly not so contrary
Did not want to be on the moon.
She was only taking a cow to the dairy
While holding a helium balloon.
"I'm not meant to be an astronaut,
I'm supposed to be on Earth.
Next time I'll tie a better knot
My promise for what it's worth!"
~~~~
 


12 comments:

Sandee said...

Very well done. Love this.

Happy Mothers Day honey. Scritches to Miss Lucy. ♥♥♥

Elena Sands said...

Oh that's hilarious. Love it. Also "Astronun" Brilliant! Wish I'd thought of that. :-)

Leovi - La Fotografía Efectista Abstracta said...

Really sweet and funny poem !! Beautiful! Health for all mothers!

Sandra said...

nice!

The Blog of Bee said...

Yes,this is very funny!

Stephen Hayes said...

Your poem is a perfect match for this photograph. I hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Ha ha ha, Kathe!!

Also I love your header photo of the bird bath garden (smile).

jabblog said...

Great fun - well done!

messymimi said...

Fun image and fun poem!

Kutamun said...

Just a spoon full of helium makes the medicine go down !

Michael said...

ha, clever. Reminds me of Up.

brudberg said...

Ah yes not so contrary in the end. So funny,