"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Monday, March 07, 2011

The Stinking Rose - Magpie Tales #56

photo by Tess Kincaid of Magpie Tales
~~~~~~
Another Night of Sleepng on the Couch
This stinking rose
Offends her nose
When I've had a bite
So late at night
I sneak in bed
Away from her head
BUT! "Oh no! Oh ick !"
"I smell garlic!"
So off I go-
she's such a grouch
Once again I am sleeping
on the couch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This would never happen with us as we are addicted to
the "Stinking Rose" and most every main dish begins
with "2-6 garlic cloves-depending on how mean you are."
Here's one of our favorite garlic laced recipes.
Bon Appetit!

The Famous and Awesomely Tasty Garlic Spagetti
2 ample servings
6-8 cloves pressed raw garlic (more if you feel really mean)
1 raw egg
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon dry basil or 3 T fresh chopped basil
1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan/romano/asaigo cheese-what ever you prefer
9oz fresh pasta or same equivalent in dry pasta

Mix garlic,raw egg,butter,basil,parsley,and cheese throughly into a "gunk"
meanwhile boil water for pasta, cook pasta, drain pasta and stir gunk into hot pasta
throughly and serve immediately with crusty bread and a big green salad. YUM

27 comments:

  1. A first for me ... egg in the spaghetti ... I MUST try your recipe. I love garlic, the more the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun - chew parsley!

    Nice fun take, great recipe - I was tempted to put my recipe up too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummies...thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. My husband hates garlic, but this sounds so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting recipe! Thank you. Loved the poem, very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the trick is to get her to eat garlic too...this will cancel out yours...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious...both poem, and recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun poem! And the recipe sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For once something that tastes good is also healthy.
    Fun Magpie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely recipe, I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha! But of course you know to eat some too, as you do, but Shari seems to be thinking of a use for garlic that sends somebody who hates garlic to the couch! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like most delicious "gunk." The stinking rose is a popular guest in this house, too. Delicious Magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny poem. Yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ha ha...nice poem. Thanks to you for the wonderful recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you..garlic with everything..used to the scent by now..good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love garlic too, but it sure does stink. Really nice Magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How true, I love garlic...my husband love onion...he will say,
    "have you been eating garlic"...I see Bee says chew parsley...must try it...nice write Kathe...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVED it!

    I really like how we get so many ideas out of one photo. Everyone interpreting it differently.

    viscous time

    ReplyDelete
  19. It wouldn't happen in my house either .. my husband & I are both partial to garlic! Recipe sounds delicioso!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol....I've made a similar post! I do like garlic but in very small doses. I may have to keep the recipe top secret, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. the problem may not be eating garlic, if she brushes her teeth before going to bed, then no issues...

    well done, I have a good smile reading your words.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice poem. Garlic is definitely worth sleeping on the couch for!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous12:34 PM

    hahahah... yea, when it comes to garlic, both hubby and I are quite shameless about it.. (thank God!!) :)

    Ohhh... I am already slurping over that Garlic Spagetti...mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have truly done justice to the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh , that sounds good .But I must wait till the school holidays . Though it would be interesting to see the effect on the pre-schoolers the next day .

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!