"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Saturday, April 01, 2017

Six Words and Sunday Shadows! April 1-2, 2017

I love riding the Amtrak train....
 
 
 
Leaving the Portland Oregon Union Station...

 
Crossing the Willamette River...
I'll be on the train for 10 hours
and will arrive in Dunsmuir CA
around 12:30am!
 
 
Bye bye jam packed traffic... 

 
Leaving Eugene and heading to Chemult...

 
Last photo as it is getting dark...
I've been sitting in the dome car as I love
seeing the world go by and it's always
fun meeting fellow travelers.
Everyone has a story. 
Now I'll go back to my seat and read...

 
Ahhh...nothing better than being home!
And our turkeys are back!   

 
Have a lovely day wherever you are!
~~~~~
Click on the links to see more Saturday Six Words
And don't forget to smile and have FUN! 

17 comments:

  1. Oh what fun to ride the train and see all the sights. It was fun seeing the pictures and the turkeys. You all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days when you're in Portland we should meet up for coffee or lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love train travel; am considering a cross-country to kick off my retirement once the school year ends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More and more I hear about people enjoying train rides ~ appeals to me ~ lovely shadow shot ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a big turkey.
    Taking the train seems like a really smart idea. Why stress over the driving?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trains are more fun, i wish we had a world set up in such a way we could take them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not ridden trains often enough in my life, but the times that I have, I did enjoy the whole experience! Those turkeys are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kind of makes me want to hit the road, Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was that the C
    Coast Starlight that we used to take back and forth to school?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great variety of images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:48 AM

    Love the variety of pictures. Also makes me nostalgic for the train riding I did as a child, including once in a dome car. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Amtrak as well. I will be taking a journey in May. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A few years back, my daughter took the train from Seattle to where we are at in Nor Cal. Too bad the best sights they go through is in the middle of the night.She arrived here at 2am. I would love to take the train...anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hubby wants to do this, but get a private car with bed, shower, and bath. Just travel across the country and enjoy the scenery.

    Have a fabulous day, Kathe. Big hug to you and Russell and lots of scritches to Miss Lucy. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like taking pictures from the train and through window :) these are very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for taking us along for the train ride!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trains are the absolute best! I've never taken a long trip by train in the US but I love that it's such a great option when we go to Europe.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!