"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Wordless Wednesday! September 27, 2016

Hello Amsterdam!
We caught a train from Zaltbommel yesterday
morning to Amsterdam and now after checking
into our hotel we wandered and found a
good place to eat before wandering around some more!
We bought our tickets for the Rijksmuseum
and will explore and enjoy after our breakfast!
Tomorrow we fly home-so we will make the most of our day. Our weather is perfect so we will walk everywhere!
Here are a few photos from yesterday...
 
 
Leaving Zaltbommel

 
Arriving at Utrecht Centraal where we transferred
to the train going to Amsterdam Centraal
 

 
Rijksmuseum is only a block from our hotel.
Hotel Cornelisz is a nice hotel with friendly people.
 

 
Rijksmuseum gardens...

 
Bicycles are the main way for the locals
to commute and you need to look out for them!

 
 
 
 
 

 
Cheers!

 
I love all the canals and houseboats alongside
and all the different boats...  

 
Have a lovely day today!
~~~

8 comments:

  1. Oh that looked like a lovely trip I enjoyed the photos :-)

    Have a tuliptastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be a great place to explore.
    Safe travels coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've so enjoyed going along with you. You've had a visit of a lifetime. Excellent.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Big hug to you both. I know Miss Lucy will be glad to see you. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amsterdam is a great city, one of the few international cities I've been to. One of my favorite sightings there is not far from the central train station, a sign hanging from a pole that says "4,567 miles to Wall Drug." (Not sure of the number.) If you've ever been to South Dakota, you understand the humor...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! How i wish my city were bicycle friendly. It's too far to go to most places by bicycle, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographs remind me of how much I love Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos of the bicycles ....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!