"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Saturday, April 25, 2015

Six Words and Sunday Shadows! April 25-26, 2015

And so the growing season begins!
 
 
I have planted some cold weather seeds
and in June I will follow up with
tomatoes and other warm weather veggies!
 
 
And my darling lizards are
beginning to guard the garden against
any sort of bug that would eat the veggies!
 
 
These lizards are quite used to me
and just hang out watching as I plant.
Have a great weekend and do
drop by Six Words and Sunday Shadows !!
 

18 comments:

  1. You have your very own pest control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have many lizards here too. We never bother them either. They do lots of great work.

    Have a fabulous day honey. Scritches to Miss Lucy. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The main photo reminds me of my trip last week. Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the natural pest control method, and good luck with your garden! May it feed you well in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how nature works but don't want a front row seat, necessarily.

    Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:25 PM

    I'd love to be doing some gardening any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm quite fond of lizards too, but it's never warm enough in my bit of the UK. The Algarve is a different story but I can't get them to pose for me. Happy weekend, Kathe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the guardians of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:00 PM

    Those lizards definitely look ready to fight off anything threatening the garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leaping Lizards! Ha!
    I hope your garden does well!

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lizards are everywhere here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have lots of lizards too, but they don't seem to eradicate all the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natures little helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the raised veggie beds. And such friendly lizards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love lizards - mine are turquoise and green shiny guys. Maybe their salamanders instead?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun is that? To have lizards hanging out with you while you work!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!