"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, October 19, 2014

Magpie Tales #242 Airborn.........

Cemetery in Dublin, Ohio
Tess Kincaid of Magpie Tales

You were the center of my universe
My teacher and first friend
You taught me how to treat others
And value each day as if the last 
You are gone now but still here
Not buried under a cold stone
           But like                               
                       a  leaf drifting           
           in the air                            
                  you are with me  
       everywhere                              
~~~~~~~~~

21 comments:

Björn Rudberg said...

Like a leaf drifting.. what a wonderful image..

Sandee said...

My mother too. This is wonderful and it made me smile.

Have a blessed Sunday my friend. ♥♥♥

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's really touching.

Kay said...

Beautiful imagery here..xx

elaine said...

Beautiful sentiment.

Celia said...

Sweet, loving words.

Stephen Hayes said...

An endearing poem with great imagery.

Leovi said...

Wonderful poem, yes, our mother always be within us !!

patteran said...

A fitting memorial, Kathe.

Kutamun said...

Sounds like your Mum was a lovely woman Kathe , and maybe thats why you are such a nice person ...
Cheers

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This was breathtakingly beautiful...

messymimi said...

Mother never truly fades away, does she?

colleen said...

I love the image of death as a leaf drifting, set free.

Helen said...

Incredibly lovely, Kathe ~~

Other Mary said...

Yes, the cemetery is not where our loved ones are after death. How good to remember and feel you mom with you.

Stafford Ray said...

Mums like that have influence 'unto the third generation' and beyond. Lovely tribute, Kathe.

Ginny Brannan said...

" But like
a leaf drifting
in the air
you are with me
everywhere"

Lost my mom so long ago, yet have always felt her with me. Perfect wording. Well done.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Oh Kathe this grabbed my heart....a beautiful tribute to your love for your Mother. :-)

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I love the leaf and the images this made me feel. Lovely!

humbird said...

Written with love xx

Tess Kincaid said...

This is lovely...