"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, September 07, 2014

Magpie Tales #236 Crispy!

Image provided by Tess Kincaid

There once was a moth named Bash
Flying crazily to lights with a smash
Said he blearily
I feel rather sillily
Pretty lights are toasty hot when I crash!
~~~~~
Thanks Tess for Magpie Tales and for 
all of you...flutter over Here to read more!

18 comments:

kaykuala said...

They are blindly attracted to
lights, that is why! Pity!
Nicely Kathe!

Hank

Kutamun said...

No one could tell wether Bash was the butter or the toast ...

Sumana Roy said...

awww...so sorry mothy :)

freyawrites.com said...

The first limerick I have read on Magpie Tales - well done! :)

messymimi said...

That first bulb is a doozie! A fun rhyme for this picture.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

You'd think they'd learn after a while :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That made me laugh!

Sandee said...

I think I saw him crash the other night. I'm pretty sure of it.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. :)

Helen said...

More and more .. I enjoy your sense of humor!

Stafford Ray said...

Toasty hot when I crash?

What have you been up to? XX

Stephen Hayes said...

They say that when you die you should go towards the light. So when we die we should all act like moths? Hmnnn....

rel said...

smashingly clever Kath.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Humor mixed with truth....a lovely batter you have stirred up here Kathe!

Truedessa said...

This was fun to read..I enjoyed the humor.

Kay said...

poor moth!!....make me smile..nice!!

Tess Kincaid said...

Thanks for the giggle...it was time for a light one (no pun intended)...

senderupwords said...

C H U C K L E S... Love and Light, S

Susan Anderson said...

haha

I think I liked the title best of all.

=)