"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Monday, May 19, 2014

It's Time for Awww Mondays! May 19, 2014

Baby plants can be cute too!
Last April we bought a Meyer Lemon tree
and managed to harvest 2 lemons.
This year our tree is loaded with
blossoms and since it is inside still
we have been busy as bees. In other
words we have been the pollinators
armed not with scopas. We have 
to be artistic pollinators armed
with tiny paint brushes. 



Meyer Lemon Tree in Bloom
May 10, 2014

So far we have well over 15 tiny lemons. 
That will add up to lots on 
lemony delights later on this year! 
Right now we can smell the lemony
fragrance  throughout the house.



Two Tiny Lemons Not Quite an Inch
May 10, 2014 



Scopa of a Halictid bee; the entire hind leg and abdomen carry pollen

Cheers and have a busy day!


9 comments:

  1. I bet fresh lemons taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and it's a great big Awww too.

    Hubby has an avocado tree that he raised from a pit to a big tree. It finally produces last year.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday my friend. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemons always remind me of Sorrento, Italy, where they make wonderful lemoncello from the lemon peels. I bet your place smells great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trees and bees and tiny growing things are an Awww in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:11 PM

    i would like a tree in our condo...but i don't like the smell of lemon. maybe we could get a banana tree..i like banana smell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had lemons straight from a tree. I am intrigued! Makes me want some lemonade :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tree full of lemons will be awesome. Visiting from Awww Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have a lemon tree! Bet the scent is wonderful!


    Isabella came before the Tortie colored countertop so of course she was the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea; having a lemon tree inside for the fragrance! Happy scoping!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!