"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Friday, April 25, 2014

A-Z 2014 Challenge W is for Wheels

There are no actual Spanish words that begin with the 
letter "W". There are a few words used in Spanish 
that begin with "W", but they are words borrowed
 from other languages such as English. 
For example: "winsurf","walkman" and "western". 
Because of that I will be using an English word today!

W is for Wheels
While driving north on I-5
we pulled off the freeway 
and stopped so I could get
these farm photos. 
By the way the Spanish word
for wheels is "rueda".

Farm photo #1   April 23, 2014


 Farm photo #2  April 23, 2014


 Farm Photo #3  April 23, 2014


Farm Photo #4  April 23, 2014


Farm photo #5  April 23, 2014


Farm photo #6  April 23, 2014

Someone spent an enormous amount of 
time and most likely money to amass
this wonderful rusting collection.
Have a lovely day and don't forget to
Click on Wheels to see more A-Z's!

8 comments:

  1. Great photos! It almost looks more like a museum... why would someone go through the trouble to collect all that stuff just to leave it there to rust away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few more machines and the guy could start a museum, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought of there being no words in Spanish beginning with the letter "W". Great pics. Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it interesting how some languages don't use certain letters. Not one Spanish word begins with "W" except derivatives from other languages.

    I love your pictures. That is a fine collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post on wheels. I love all the shots too. You're a good photographer.

    Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pictures, what a good eye you have. There's a farmer about 30 miles from Walla Walla who has done the same thing. The mystery of collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right, gathering that collection of wheels must have been someone's pet project. You did the collection justice with those pics.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this! I'm fascinated by visual history, and seeing all the old machinery makes my mind wander to stories. In fact, in the first story I published for money, the husband was really into antique farm equipment ;-)
    Thanks for the link - I wouldn't have wanted to miss these!
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!