"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Eric Alders MPP and Poetry Jam! February 5, 2014

"Visitor "
  photograph by Eric Alder

The Family Dog 

Living in the now
So tolerant and loving
Four legged loyalty
Patiently waits 
For us to come home
Greeted by warm joy
and a happy tail.
~~~~~~~
This lovely image was provided
by Eric Alder of Bifocalunivision
Click on his link to play along
or to see more of his fabulous photos!
~~~
This weeks Poetry Jam theme is hosted by Gabriella
and she chose the theme of Tribute. Now most people
might chose a human- I chose the family dog- an important
element in many children's lives.  Do click on the link 
above to enjoy more Tribute poems. 
And for heavens sake have a lovely day!



15 comments:

  1. And if you walk out the door and then walk back in, it's as if you've been gone for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the most part dogs give such unconditional love...
    and as Alex said - every moment is new. It's like they have ADD (Attentive Doggy Delight).

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles...our pups are def our faithful friends...even my cat is the first to talk to me when i come to the door...let me in i want food...ha......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I understand paying tribute to the family dog. They are definitely the most loyal of friends! Glad to see you in Poetry Jam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pic. Sometimes the dog's welcone is the only thing that keeps us going and certainly worth a tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love the family dog. Always happy to see you! Definitely one who deserves a tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore poems about dogs, who are the most loving creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet tribute to your family dog! Dogs are always so happy to see us, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The most loyal friends on earth aren't they? And I love those paw prints in the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cute piece, Kathe.

    I can't even spoil it by telling you those are squirrel tracks - LOL


    Thanks for playing M.M.P.P. Kathe!

    (You're my only regular contributor, y'know!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are best friends, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our Little Bit does all this and talks and talks and talks when we return home. We don't leave her very often either.

    Have a wonderful day honey. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. We can learn so much from our dogs, can't we? Love your tribute, Kathe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kathe, you perfectly captured why I have dogs :-). Everyone needs a little joy in their day, and dogs seem to be able to give it effortlessly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your poem. The picture, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!