"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Monday, September 02, 2013

A Quite Tardy MPP




Eric Alder post one of his fine photos
every Monday. I am very tardy as this is
his photo from last week- but since he
is off having fun on Labor Day I will
finally write what came to me today
while looking at this work bench....
It's actually quite appropriate for Labor Day!


Work Bench by Eric Alder

Watching my father attempt a repair
As a small child I did not dare
Ask him how come he was doing it that way
Or why in the heck didn't he pay
Someone else who knew what to do
Leaving him time to take me to the zoo
But rather I watched his frustration
and listened to all his damnation's
Until my sweet mother would come into the fray
Telling me it was time to go out and play.

~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Eric for this challenging image-
If you would like to read more go here:

6 comments:

  1. A happy tale as well as a tale of bewildered childhood.
    I hope you did get taken to the zoo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a pensive quality to your words this time. Very soulful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe that was his play, all the cussedness included. Some men are like that, even when fussing about it they are enjoying doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this Kathe, it reminded me of when life was a little simpler, people still tried to repair things rather than discard them to buy new, and I recall my dad letting go with more than a few cuss words from time to time in the effort, like the time he accidentally sawed of the corner of mom's table he was using as a platform to cut a piece of paneling. That didn't go over very well with her either! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW such a cute little poem. Didn't our dad so mostly everything that needed to be done. Now it seems that we so easily call in someone else. Oh and children don't go out to play as much either. How did we survive with out computer games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom to the rescue. I liked this one.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!