"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, August 25, 2013

Magpie #183 Passing Place

photo by Steven Kelly

Waiting for that 
Passing place-an open space
Far away from
The madding crowd race
  

I-680 near San Jose CA 8-24-2013

~~~~~~~~~
To read more of this weeks Magpie Tales go here: 
http://magpietales.blogspot.com/2013/08/mag-183.html 

17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's what I and my sports car live for!

jabblog said...

Beautifully succinct:-)
We all would like that, seek it, wish for it . . . but we have to make peace with what we have.

Sandee said...

Sometimes you go for miles with no passing place. Bugger.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. :)

Tess Kincaid said...

Far from the madding crowd, indeed...

Stephen Hayes said...

Few thing feel better than reading a "Passing Lane" sign when you've been inching along behind a slow poke.

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, I long to find those passing places. :)

messymimi said...

A passing place is sometimes good, but there are times when it's better to slow down and enjoy things on the way.

Wayne Pitchko said...

nicely done...and thanks for sharing this

poga poetry said...

nicely done

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Love the metaphor you've drawn here...

Helen said...

I do love all of the passing lanes in Oregon ... what a relief to let others pass this granny by!

Carrie Van Horn said...

I am waiting right there with ya Kathe....:-)

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

I hope it comes up much sooner than later for you.

Lyn said...

I can feel the wind in my hair...keep going!

Kutamun said...

Eeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh! W'ere on the wrong side of the road !

Katherine said...

Yup, I can relate to that! Succinct perfection!

mywordwall said...

That place far away from the madding crowd is truly inviting. :-)