"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 5 Baker City to Lake Oswego, Oregon


We got off to a late start- but finally
headed down the Columbia Gorge-
essentially 300 miles to Lake Oswego-
the air is smoky from all the wildfires
in Idaho and Oregon.



Another visual blight.....
do these really pay for themselves
when all is said and done?
I'm not really sure.


Getting closer....


We must be close-
we're getting a bit of rain!


Ahhhh....finally made it to our second home!
Jeff and Etta are such great friends
we always feel so welcome staying with them!

5 comments:

  1. I've never been through the gorge but I've heard it's a beautiful drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the haze. We've had years like that here where the state was burning. It's awful.

    Have a fabulous time honey. I know you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are quite the road warriors! Love driving up the gorge especially when I see the forests begin west of The Dalles. It even smells different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gorge IS a beautiful drive. I especially enjoy passing over The Bridge of the Gods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy ending to a beautiful journey!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!