"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Poetry Jam July 31, 2013 My Super Hero


He doesn't have a red cape
Nor a mask to disguise
He's a high energy creator 
Which comes as no surprise

Starting from the ground up
With truckloads of supplies
He handled all the challenges
And sometimes improvised

At long last our home's complete
You think he'd just relax
But now he begins to shape the land
Making pathways to the max



~~~~~~
Just about 18 months ago we made a huge move
350 miles south to live near Mt Shasta, California.
It's been a wonderful experience and a time of growth
for both of us. I have thoroughly enjoyed
watching my best friend have the time of his life
creating our wonderful home that we can share
with friends and family for years to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
To see what others have written about Superheros fly over here:


19 comments:

  1. smiles...your best friend...def sounds like a hero to me...and sounds like he is having fun along the way...and he is in costume so you get the bonus points too...ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are both very happy in your new home too. Now I know your hubby is more than happy. Excellent.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was wonderful! Every man likes to know he is his wife's hero. I'm sure the outside will look great with those paths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A superman to me. Everyone needs a hero in their lives. Wonderful poem

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that! What a great tribute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is a heroic deed in and of itself... so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so sweet. Men want to be heroes for sure. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to both of you! He is super, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your man is lucky to be so appreciated. You live in a beautiful part of the country and I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is indeed a super-hero. I am sure the feats he has accomplished have not been easy. An enjoyable poem to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat tribute! And what a great experience that must be. Such lovely country there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, the love quotient is left out of most hero worship; and this poem has love in spades & hearts. Some of us have the mechanical aptitude of a fruit gnat, so I always applaud the person who can build or fix things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look .. up in the sky .. it's a bird, it's a plane .. no it's Russell!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful to be on this new adventure with your hero. He's really thrown his heart into it. Many blessings to you both in your lovely new home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please let me know if you can visit without impediment.

    We look forward to making new a home, too (actually plopping down a double-wide on land)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful! My grandparents used to live in Redding, so I know exactly where Mt. Shasta is :-) Congratulations on your home and finding that perfect partner--you can see the goodness in his smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This huge task must have needed superhuman strength and perseverance ... nothing stresses human or marriage more than a move AND a construction project! I think you both must have superhuman tendencies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful rhyme and tribute. Sounds like a dream come true. Always admire a man who can build and fix. That is my kind of hero!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The energy near Mt. Shasta must be stupendous. Glad you have a super hero to build your home there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!