"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Friday, July 26, 2013

Poetry Jam July 26, 2013 The Year 1985


1985
The year before 1986
The year I lost three
So much pain inflicts 
Emotions at sea
Abandoned by death
and negligence
I could hardly take a breath
Sorrow so pendulous
As the timeless clock ticked  
I began to breathe
And life again clicked 
I began to believe 
In myself 
And in life


Go to Poetry Jam for more takes on 1985 : 


8 comments:

  1. Some years are very memorable, for better or for worse. It sounds like 1985 was one of those years for you. It is so important to believe in yourself, and I am glad you do...again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to lose loved ones, but we must continue on. Life is for the living.

    Very well done.

    Have a terrific day. Big hugs. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. When poetry comes from a place, pain this deep ... it hurts to read the words.

    Amazing write, Kathe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. !985 does not sound like a good year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh...that one is hard...like a punch in the gut...to lose one much less three...hugs...i am glad you found life again though....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so sad. I hope it's not biographical. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone has a year like that, i think -- it makes or breaks us. It made you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how tragic... that year will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!